Updated: 14 December 2023
- The EYMF is open to participants of all nationalities.
- No lower or upper age limit in the Solo Performance.
- All fees are non-refundable and must be paid in full upon submission. There will be no refunds for withdrawals after the online application has been submitted.
- Participants are responsible to ensure their availability for the published competition date(s). Any requests for specific performance dates and/or times will not be entertained.
- The decision of the Jury is final and is not open to further discussion.
- Contacting Jury members before or during the Festival is not permitted.
- The grade category/entry group is determined by the repertoire selected. Solo entries to the incorrect grade category will be forfeited. A penalty will apply for the Duo Categories.
- Applications are not considered complete until all documents and accurate information required and fees have been received by Euroasia.
- No change of repertoire is allowed once application has been successfully processed.
- Participants are only allowed to participate in one grade division, but are permitted to submit multiple entries, with different repertoire for each entry, within the same grade.
- Diploma participants may submit more than one entry, but must present a completely different programme.
- Each Gold Prize winner shall only be allowed ONE performance for the final round in the respective division, regardless of the number of gold prizes achieved at the preliminary round(s).
- Entry to the Final Round is not automatic. Qualifying finalists will have to re-register, and a separate registration fee is applicable.
- Any amendments after submission (E.g. name/repertoire spelling error) will incur an Administrative fee of RM50.
Repertoire and Performance Specific
- Repertoire must be taken from the ABRSM or Trinity College London syllabus, both the current and/or past syllabi are accepted.
- All genres of music, and arrangements are accepted in the Duo Categories.
- Both unaccompanied and accompanied works are accepted in the Solo Graded String Categories but works written with accompaniment must be performed with a accompanist*. An accompanied work performed without the accompaniment part will be disqualified, regardless of the quality of performance.
*Recorded accompaniment or backing tracks are permitted, but ONLY for the Online Preliminary Round.
- Piano accompaniment is not allowed in the Strings Duet Category.
- Only ONE piece is accepted per entry for the Solo Initial – Grade 8 Divisions.
- Participants for the Diploma Division are required to perform works from at least two composers.
- Repeats are at the discretion of the participant, but all da capo and dal segno instructions should be observed.
- Performance from memory is encouraged, but remains optional. No additional marks will be awarded.
- Finalists are not required to perform the same piece for the Finals.
Terms & Conditions
- The Jury may choose to;
(a) Listen to only a part of the program presented if they feel they have heard enough to make a judgment.
(b) Withhold awards, as in line with international competitions, if the minimum points required are not met.
(c) Award joint-prizes or choose winner in the event of a tie.
(d) Refrain from providing a written commentary.
- Minimum points for each Round and Category as below;
Gold Prize – 80 points and above
Silver Prize – 70 points and above
Bronze Prize – 60 points and above
First Prize – Top scoring participant with a minimum of 90 points.
Second Prize – Second highest scoring participant with a minimum of 85 points.
Third Prize – Third highest scoring participant with a minimum of 85 points.
Honourable Mention – At the discretion of the Jury Panel.
- In the event that a member of the Jury presents his/her student* at the EYMF, the said Jury member is to recuse himself/herself from the Jury. The marks will be awarded only by the remaining Jury, and divided accordingly to obtain the average mark.
*A current student is defined as having studied within the previous 12 months. Attending or performing at masterclasses does not apply for this rule.
- In the event that a participant is unable to attend the competition due to illness/injury, they may apply, for a 50% re-entry voucher (with a one year validity) to be used for subsequent Euroasia organised competitions (Malaysian Piano Competition, Euroasia Strings Competition, Euroasia Youth Music Festival). A valid Medical Certificate needs to be presented together with the application.
- Registration fee is applicable for participating in the final round.
- Euroasia reserves the right to combine or divide any Grade category depending on the number of participants in the category.
- Euroasia reserves the right to limit the total number of finalists chosen for each of the Categories and/or to combine or divide the Grade category depending on the numbers of Finalists in the category.
- Euroasia reserves the right to limit the total number of prizes awarded for each of the categories and/or change the value and type of awards given at any time without prior-notice.
- All participants and their accompanying members are responsible for their own expenses and no reimbursements of any kind will be given.
- The EYMF live rounds will be made open to the public. Participants’ are able to observe all competition classes.
- Only pre-registered collaborative pianists for Strings Solo Performance divisions will be given a complimentary day pass.
- ALL persons wishing to observe the live round (including parents, teachers, page turners) are required to obtain an entry pass.
- Euroasia shall have no liability in the event of illness and/or injury to persons, damage and/or theft of objects that may occur during the journey or while the competition is in progress.
- Euroasia has unrestricted rights to film, broadcast, photograph and record any part of the competitor’s participation including but not limited to rehearsals and performances. The Euroasia Association of Performing Arts reserves all rights. The participant agrees that he/she waives any claim whatsoever to any financial reward arising from the distribution or use of any such recordings.
- The rules of the application must be strictly adhered to and each supplementary document requested supplied.
- By submitting the Application Form, which forms a part of the Rules & Regulations and Terms & Conditions of the EYMF, the participant is deemed to agree and comply with this document.
All information on this document was correct when posted. However, Euroasia reserves the right to make changes if circumstances dictate.